Are you reading this article on your phone? If the answer is yes, you’re not alone. It’s estimated that Americans spend an average of five hours a day on mobile devices, and 92% of that time is spent using apps. It’s possible that Americans are spending all this time each day playing Candy Crush and scrolling through Facebook, but we know the reality is that people actually rely quite heavily on mobile devices for work. Ready for some workplace cellular statistics?
- 70% of employees keep their phones “within eye contact” at work.
- 71% spend over two hours a week accessing company information on mobile devices.
- 91% of corporate employees are using at least one mobile app.
That’s a lot of time spent using mobile apps. According to Statista, mobile device users downloaded 178.1 billion mobile apps to their mobile devices in 2017. In 2022, this number should rise to 258.2 billion app downloads.
Indeed, our mobile devices are powerful tools at work. We communicate with colleagues over Slack, we share files via Dropbox, and auto-corrected typos are now commonplace in work emails hastily typed on a cell phone while in the line at the grocery store. Our cellphones have changed the way we live and work.
Well, the immigration industry is no different. Working with our clients over the years made it clear that Immigration lawyers also desire the ability to get work done on the go.
So, the INSZoom Case Manager App was born.
Why we created an INSZoom mobile app
The primary function of any mobile app is to offer additional functionality or convenience to your clients. For example, do you remember what it was like to stand in line at the bank to deposit a check? Now think back to the first time you used your bank’s mobile check deposit feature. It felt like magic, right? Banks realized that standing in line to complete a simple task was a pain point for clients. The solution was simple: a mobile app that allows customers to scan checks and automatically deposit money from anywhere. Easy and pain-free, exactly what a mobile app should offer.
At INSZoom, we wanted to bring that same accessibility to our users. The immigration law firms that rely on INSZoom are busy and always on the go, and they often already rely on their mobile devices to stay connected with their office and their clients through email, messaging, shared documents and more. One missed call or document could make a massive difference in someone’s immigration case.
So we wanted to design a mobile app to help lawyers stay connected to their clients’ cases too. The new INSZoom Case Manager Mobile App makes it possible for lawyers to retrieve client files and information while on the road, give meaningful answers to off-hour calls and otherwise have their INSZoom account at their fingertips while away from their work computer.
Let’s dive into some of the key functionalities of our new app.
Key features of the INSZoom mobile app
By downloading the free app, you and your team will be able to collaborate on and manage cases on your mobile device — a task once only accessible via computer. It is now more important than ever to have the ability to manage your firm and cases remotely. INSZoom Case Manager app gives you that power.
Here are some of the app’s key features:
- Accessing your calendar on the go to manage your busy schedule. For immigration lawyers who frequent court a lot or are otherwise constantly on the go, the INSZoom mobile app will give you the ability to access your schedule to double check a court date, add a new event or anything else linked to your firm and client accounts.
- Refer notes and take notes. Sometimes calls, consultations and updates happen during off-hours, on the road or even right in court. With the INSZoom mobile app you can now make notes right in the app and even tie those notes to a particular client or case.
- Collaborate with the team. If a change happens when you’re not in the office, that’s OK! Designate tasks to someone on your team for quick collaboration right from your phone.
- Powerful mobile search. Use the in-app search tool to find documents for in-person meetings with clients, while at the courthouse, or in your home when a client or team member calls with an important question.
- Upload documents. Clients don’t always upload documents using INSZoom’s foreign national portal – sometimes they can’t if they’re on the road themselves, other times they forget. Whatever the reason, immigration lawyers constantly get important documents via WhatsApp, email or some other way outside the INSZoom ecosystem. Now, when that happens, you don’t have to wait to get back into the office to get that file safely and securely into INSZoom – you can do it right from your phone!
- Voice to text. Need to record your thoughts and ideas while in the car? Use the app’s voice to text capability to record notes and instantly collaborate with teammates by delegating tasks quickly and easily via the app.
In addition to all this functionality, the app also looks great. Check out this video to see the sleekly designed INSZoom Case Manager app in action.
INSZoom can improve your immigration processes
A whopping 87% of companies expect their employees to use their personal devices for work purposes. Smartphones are no longer simply a tool for entertainment. Sure, it’s still easy to get sucked down a rabbit hole on YouTube, but a huge number of American workers are also using their devices to get real work done. With the INSZoom Case Manager App, immigration lawyers can now join the ranks of professionals managing cases via their smart phones.
And if you want to learn more about how INSZoom can improve and secure the immigration process for immigration law firms, companies, and foreign nationals, check out our website or connect with your existing INSZoom rep!